By Marian Klamer
The sequence builds an in depth selection of prime quality descriptions of languages worldwide. each one quantity deals a accomplished grammatical description of a unmarried language including absolutely analyzed pattern texts and, if applicable, a glossary and different suitable info that is on hand at the language in query. There are not any regulations as to language kin or region, and even though precise cognizance is paid to hitherto undescribed languages, new and worthy remedies of higher identified languages also are incorporated. No theoretical version is imposed at the authors; the one criterion is a excessive ordinary of medical caliber.
Read Online or Download A Grammar of Kambera PDF
Best foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
Sprechen Sie Deutsch? This advisor covers the necessities of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and dialog. This new version has been up-to-date to mirror global occasions that experience happened during the last few years, from Germany's forex conversion to the Euro to new foreign shuttle instructions. It comprises the main actual, up to date info for college students and tourists alike, besides a German/ English and English/German dictionary appendix for readers to reference.
Adjust ego 1 workbook serves as a supplement to the student's publication and relies at the related constitution. It reinforces scholars' talents via a variety of actions on: - vocabulary, - grammar, - conversation talents, - written comprehension ans expression. the scholars can perform the actions within the school room or all alone.
- Ponctuation et syntaxe dans la langue francaise medievale (Beihefte Zur Zeitschrift Fa1 4r Romanische Philologie)
- The Winter's Tale (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition)
- The Role of Case in Russian Syntax
- How to Learn Arabic
- The American (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition)
- Conditional Structures in Mesopotamian Old Babylonian
Additional info for A Grammar of Kambera
Big father') are given. Lexicalised compounds are usually reduplicated as a whole, as in (55a). Although other possibilities exist, as shown in (55b-d), reduplication of the whole NP is the most favoured form. (55) a. Da ama bokul(u) ART father be big 'The various elders' ama bokul(u) father be big b. Da ama bo ART father RED'The (various) elders' bokul(u) be big c. 6. Reduplication d. A ma ama REDfather 'Various elders' e. * Da ART aRED- 41 bokul be big ama bokul(u) father be big The illformedness of (55e) may have to do with the (semantic) properties of the compound as a whole: the reduplicated form does not involve various fathers but rather various elders, thus the reduplication of ama bokul 'elder' is preferred to the reduplication of ama 'father'.
24 2. 6. Phonotactic constraints In this section I will discuss two phonotactic constraints that entail restrictions on vv sequences: one concerns the process of umlaut, the other long vowels. CV(c) roots, and only there. When the first, stressed, syllable of a root contains a mid vowel /e/ or /o/, and is followed by a second syllable with the low vowel /a/, the /e/ or /o/ in the first syllable becomes a broken or low vowel. The process is stated informally in (23). 28 In the left hand column the underlying representation is given, the second column presents the phonetic form.
5. Word games and names In this section I will discuss evidence for the distinction between the foot and the prosodic word. The evidence comes from Kambera word games and name clippings. 3 above as a trochaic foot. Thus, the first syllable of the root has stress. The number of prefixes may range from zero to two. Each of them may form an extra syllable with the pretonic default vowel /a/. Prefix syllables are light and have no stress. I assume that they form a prosodic word, together with the trochaic foot, as represented in (45) below.